Saturday, February 11, 2006

SIM Card Rejected

I have a HUTCH ( MUMBAI) SIM card with roaming activated.
Well it has worked in roaming just fine all these times.

But yesterday I was .
in PUNE for some office work, & the Phone gave this message..
" SIM Card Rejected"
Thus I tried frantically the following:-
1) reboot the phone
2) remove the sim , battery & reinsert it
3) clean the SIM & the socket connections on the phone
4) Try inserting the SIM into another phone.....

But all these attempts were in vain
every time I would boot the phone I would get the same message, " SIM card Rejected"
So I called HUTCH callcenter.
The guy very very politely told me that my card was still active & the roaming profile was enabled.
so from their end the service aspect is not a problem.
Thus I was left with only one choice.
As per the call center guy, I have to visit the local HUTCH shop & they will replace the faulty SIM with a new one.
Also he told me that the new sim would be active in one hour & that the replacement would be FREE.

So lets see, I am due to return for MUMBAI tomorrow . Will try to visit the HUTCH shop then.

2 comments:

Flypig said...

SO tell us what finally did happen? Bol Bol.

dharmbhai said...

Well Finally, i got the SIM replaced for Free from the HUTCH shop in Borivali(w) & after a couple of hours as promised by them, the SIM was working.

However the Tech Support is sad with HUTCH. I asked them why did it fail in the first place ? TO that they had no answer :(

It caused me so much of unnecessary worry