Saturday, July 19, 2008

What do you do when your manager believes your work was below expectations?

What do you do,when despite your best efforts on each and every endeavor at work, at the year end, your manager tells you that your performance was below expectations ?

Entire years hard work.
All those extra nights spent over customer implementation..
All those days while you were away from home ...
All those Customer and PM Appreciation Letters suddenly don't matter..
All those CSAT (Customer Satisfaction ) Ratings don't matter ..
All those efforts put into collaboration and ingenuity suddenly don't matter...


What do you do, when suddenly out of the blue you are blamed for things that you were not responsible for ?
For the very same things when really the culprit(s) is enjoying a double promotion..

Why do I EVERY time have to pay such a HIGH price for being honest ?

What did I do wrong ?
No one tells me what i did wrong.
No one tells me what I did right
No one tells me why I got a CAP award and why I got a good raise and yet at the year end being told that i was below expectations?

What did I do wrong to deserve this ?
Maybe I don't butter my manager's ass.. Maybe he wants to sit pretty on issues and shove issues on some one else's shoulders...Maybe he wants to earn his hefty salary without doing a thing.. Maybe he likes to hear what he wants to hear...

What else..... I don't know......
Life suddenly sounds sour.
The reality is here. The honeymoon is long long over....The dream-run is over
Time to wake Up and Time to pick myself up and continue on the good work I aspire to do.

Time to show the world that I am not whom I am made to show.
Time to shake the frustration and Time to get on with it.
Time to dig deeper into my soul and find the THING...
The thing that I love .. and chase the dream...

2 comments:

routerworld said...

Hi dharmabhai ,

My name is Viral Patel & I am studying for CCIE R & S lab, if you want me to study partner just Let me know.

thank you

Amit Kalgutkar said...

Hey Dharmesh,

At the end of the day what matters is your self satisfaction.

When something like this happens to me. I just don't care.

Because ethics and honesty gives you self satisfaction. Which is very very important.