Saturday, March 22, 2008

I don't want to pass !

I remember a good friend of mine telling this to us when he organized a small session on the most coveted CCIE some 6months ago
" I Don't Want to PASS ! "

Well his opinion was that when you are too much focussed on the final result, i.e get your CCIE, you take too much stress and start to falter.
He felt that if you take this Exam as just another day to work, You possibly have better chances of passing.

But if you are hell-banked on passing. Chances are that you will NOT.

His opinion was that I don't want to pass at the same time I want to ensure that I fail with the least margin. I don't want to be under prepared.

He said all is possible if you let go the notion of PASSING.
He said that What would happen if we FAIL ?
1) Lose out on Rs 2,50,000 INR (Indian Rupees) in Lab fees, Travel, Hotelling, VISA Study Material!

But indeed, If you look at it from his Point Of View:-
1) That it is
2) You still will have the learning from the training that you could use for Life
3) With Failure, I am not going to lose my Job/Life
4)Its not War, that I am going to lose a limb, I will always have a second chance, and a third.....
5) Failure in CCIE is not a Taboo. More people fail than pass.


So as I begin my journey to CCIE......... "I Don't want to Pass"

Thanks Anand D.

No comments: