Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Greeted with a smile!

Today I was late to Siddhivinayak Temple. Around 1 Hour Late. I reached there at 9:20AM IST.
This meant the day was a buzz with people wanting to reach work places.
This also meant that the share a cab that I usually take from Dadar (w) Rly station to Siddhivinayak was going to be like a prized win !!! Indeed, with stream of people wanting to reach temple earlier than the others and no queue management, there were fights all over the place, among devotees, among the cab drivers, and among the hawkers trying to sell their wares.........

It took me around 15min of struggle and battling with other devotees before i managed to creep into a taxi.

Unfortunately for me today cabbie took me to the temple in a different way than the usual, that meant my walk to VSNL to keep the laptop and return back to temple was going to be long. As usual being lazy, I went over to the HDFC Bank ATM and requested the guard to hold on to my laptop for just 10mins.

But since it was already banking hours, and the staff and customers started to come in. He refused this time. Than I offered to talk to the staff that I am a account holder with the bank and that I do this all the time. Its just that I am late today.

So the confused staff consulted their Branch manager to seek permission. The Branch manager as usual refused. I than personally requested the Branch Manager and he said this will be the first and the last time that he will allow me this as a personal favour....

I gleefully accepted and kept the laptop with the guard and rushed off for the darshan and returned back in about 15mins. I thanked the staff and the guard, collected my laptop and as a small token of thanks, gave a chocolate to the staff person near the door.

She smiled and I felt a million dollars. HDFC Bank is the best bank to bank with.
The people there made me comfortable. Even if they would have refused, I am sure, I wouldn't have a different opinion about them..

Thanks HDFC Bank Prabhadevi.... i owe you one.

1 comment:

Ranjan said...

Your contribution to the community is well appreciated :D