Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Laptops not allowed in Siddhivinayak Temple: Prabhadevi !

Whilst I knew the security paranoia had caught onto Siddhivinayk Temple's Trustees, I didn't know that they would be fucking dumb in the name of security.

I mean whilst they hoisted a huge wall around the main entrance of Siddhivinayk Temple, tons of people protested..after all its still a nuisance to people walking by and to traffic passing by.....But all in the name of God and Security is allowed......

Also they installed Metal Detectors and X-Ray machine with plenty of police men around....all in the name of God and Security..........

Then suddenly due to whims and fancies of the trust of mumbai policie, Coconuts were not allowed inside the temple...until a huge political scene was created by ShivSena, Congress and Maharashtra Nav Nirman parties, all claiming to have spoken to the trust and Mumbai Police and having convinced them to allow the same.

While all this nonsense was going on, life kept trickling by until today.......

When I was refused to allow Laptop inside the temple. This is despite the fact that the have X-Ray machine and metal detectors to screen it...Why ???

Don't the fucking trustees or the mumbai police know that, If really someone wants to bomb the temple he can very well do so with a device implanted in his cellphone,wristwatch,garlands,shoes,blackberry,mp3 player,etc why carry a laptop ?

All in the name of God and Security I say.........

So the guard close by asked me to handover the laptop to closeby Flower Garlands Stall in liue of purchase of some garlands......So I asked, give me the cheapest one...and he said in lieu of laptop, you have to purchase a garland worth rs 51 (approx 2.5USD)....

The reason provided, We are holding onto your precious laptop, we ought to charge you for that !!!

Again, I didn't want to quarrel with either the guard at the gate or the garland store. I just wanted to get the darshan done and move on... Arguing with them is in vain as they are mere pawns in the game. They are just following the instructions...

So I decided to cross the road and request the Security sitting outside the HDFC bank ATM. I requested him that I'll be back in 10mins and he obliged.

I didn't even ask him name, I had to trust him over my Laptop, USB devices and Rayban Sunglasses....

I hastily sought siddihivinayak's darshan over the constant thought that I might have not done the wisest of things by trusting my laptop to the security......I must admit, I took a big risk, Undue Risk at that.......

So amidst all this churn in my mind, I got out of the temple and hastily walked over to the HDFC bank ATM...

And to my relief, Indeed the Security Officer was still there and handed over the laptop to me instantly. I sought to verify the contents of the Laptop bag before leaving. He didn't protest, infact he said I just kept it aside, so I havent opened it as well....Indeed, all the stuff was intact and I was so darn relieved.

Just before leaving, I profusely thanked him and gave him all the change and chocolates I had in my side pocket. Again the officer refused, but I insisted and thanked him again and left to reach office.

So the moral of the story is : 1) If you cant beat them F* them !
2) What goes around , comes around.. I had a bad experience at the Temple gate with the garland wala and very pleasant one at the HDFC Bank ATM....All in the days work I guess..........

No comments: