Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sight Seeing in Medellin!



Today I went Sight Seeing in Medellin..
So I took a City Sight Seeing Tourist bus, named TuriBus.
It starts from park pablado at sharp 9AM.
It takes u along a guided tour of the Medellin with a tour guide who explains the history of various locations as they come along while the bus is in motion.
But here's a catch !. the Guide only speaks SPANISH ........so for me its all gibberish and sheer waste of time.

None the less I caught up with three people who were in the same bus as I was and luckily for me they spoke ENGLISH and SPANISH..

So I hung around with them until we reached the last tourist destination--Publito Paisa (aka People of Medellin).
It's a small setup on a mountain top with a small self sustained colony. Its used to represent the original Indians living in Medellin.
It has a small bar, small church, small school and small houses with typical Colombian getto.

So I did take lots of pictures and then we had a sort of lunch at the only ( aka very expensive) restaurant on the mountain.

From thereon we went to the closest Metro Station - "Industrialis"
We took a train to a station named "Acevedo"
From there we had a Joy ride on the Rope Way (aka Cable).

We got down on some Poor area in Medellin...forgot the name.
But it had some mini FAIR going on with 100s of stalls put up on the street.

So we walked around, until We found one very intresting stall with lots of hand made wooden artifacts. It had a wooden Harley, old vintage car, old trucks ..etc

My co-tourist friends from ARUBA seemed to like the genuinity of it and bought one Harley Bike wooden artifact. It cost them 40,000 COP.











I too was attracted towards one of the vintage cars. It was for 22,000 COP. I bought it eventually.

From there on, we took a return train back to a station closest to my hotel (Hotel Affinity)
The station was "Poblado"

So while I was asking for instructions on how to reach the hotel, there was a OLD VINATAGE car road exhibition in which over 1200 cars participated from all over Colombia.

So I spent about 2 hours clicking over 400Mb of Pictures of old cars.


The show got over at around 6PM.
From there it was to head home.






And now I am at the hotel, writing my experience to you.
Overall it was a memorable day. I will indeed remember Medellin, more for good reasons then bad.

Tomorrow I have a flight to catch to CALI.
Will write up the same soon.
Until then ciao
Buneous Notches

No comments: