Monday, February 09, 2015

To be a Flautist or not to be

I have a childhood dream of being a flautist, but never went ahead in putting efforts into it. The reason for choosing flute as an organ v/s other popular ones (Guitar/etc) are 1) It helps regulate breathing 2) Its extremely small instrument (Subject to debate) compared to Guitar so easy to travel with it 3) Its very cheap to procure (Subject to debate)compared to Guitar 4) Its easy to procure (In India one can get flutes abundantly) So I went about googling for Institutes that offer tutions around it in my vicinity. I figured out a Tutor who would visit my home and offere 1hr sessions each week for a fee. It would take me 1.5yrs at least to get proficient in flute playing to be of any notice. As such any organ to learn/master is a life time process. Thus I figured out, at the moment, I dont want to invest in it. Thus the dream still stays.. a dream. I hope some day I can realise it.

No comments: